Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Im about to close on my new home and found out yesterday…

Customer Question
Hi, Im about to...

Hi, Im about to close on my new home and found out yesterday that I will not get mail delivery to my home. I was told I should keep a PO box for an address etc. I would have to drive in my case at least 12 miles one way to pick my mail up in my box now which I had over 1 year and is very expensive. Now the proposal they gave me is to get a box at least 6 miles away one way or another one closer. What is my recourse here? Im 72 and should got forbid that I could not drive to pick up my mail then what. Post office in Parrish refuses to deliver and Medallion Builders ignore this huge problem.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida Manatee county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

For closing and loan in process but did not know about this and have other probs but this one I find ridiculous

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this moment

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking if you must close or whether mail must be delivered?

Both

If seller misled on this issue, you may rescind. I also do not see any legal basis to not have mail delivered to the point that you may be able to pursue the matter with the post office/inspector, and even court action to compel delivery if you go forward with matter. You also can put burden on seller to rectify this before you close.

Kindly let me know if my reply is acceptable.

OK I will see how this goes please cancel phone call

will do, is my answer acceptable?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!