Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We are seniors who have a rental dwelling and I need to

Customer Question
We are seniors who...

We are seniors who have a rental dwelling and I need to evict the tenants so that we can return to reside on the property. They have multiple violations in place, non-payment of rent for August, September, October, and November, unauthorized change of locks, damages to property and unauthorized tenants on the property just to name a few.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

In San FranciscomCalifornia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, I completed a Rocket Lawyer Application but have not submitted it for wanting to secure accuracy. I have contacted many Legal Agencies and still waiting to hear from them. I want to make sure the paperwork is served correctly.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/28/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

I have prepared a California Eviction Notice thru Rocket Lawyers and I need to have an attornry review them fir accuracy.
Then how fo I fike them? And where?

If you don't mind me asking, are you looking to file an unlawful detainer lawsuit in a county court? Or are you just going through a typical eviction?

Correction how to file the paperwork.
Sorry, we have limited resources and have to wait until I get receive my SS check on Friday. I have been nickled and dimed today just to the paperwork completed.

I understand. Thanks for clarifying. Are you looking to file an unlawful detainer lawsuit in a county court? Or are you just going through a typical eviction?

All my husband and I want is to return to our original home - the property in question.

I understand. Let me offer you a premium service. It'll be relatively cheap and I am a CA attorney so I can at least provide some guidance.

I don't know what a unlawful detainer lawsuit.
We just want to return to our home. My grandson and wife of 5 months currently reside in the property and she has filed a restraining order against him.
They are four months behind on the rent. So that is why we want yo regain our home back. Unfortunstely, we are now are homeless.
Furthermore, She has and owns a home in Suisun City and has many relative in the bay area. Yet, two sickly seniors are put out in the street.
So unfair.

I'm sorry for the confusion. What I've done is I have submitted an offer to you that will allow me to review your document for $50. With the information you've already provided to me, I will be able to review it for accuracy and give you any tips to help you out. I am not your lawyer of course, but I can at least give you my opinion on the matter. Were you interested in doing this?