Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a secondary lien holder force a sale of Property in

Customer Question
Can a secondary lien...

Can a secondary lien holder force a sale of Property in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/28/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. Generally, a secondary lien holder can force a sale of property in TX. However, the problem is that the secondary lineholder is going to be 2nd in line to the primary lienholder. This means that the primary lienholder would get paid first from the sale and the secondary lienholder would get paid second. Thus, it is usually not in their best interests to force a sale unless they have a reasonable assurance that they would be paid. What other questions did you have for me?