Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Would you be able to help with wrongful eviction. Florida. I…

Customer Question
Would you be able...

Would you be able to help with wrongful eviction

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was evicted on a month to month lease after a partial payment made when I advise her I willing to make a additional payment on a certain which I got proof of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 4 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Unfortunately, under Florida landlord-tenant law, a month-to-month lease may be terminated by either the landlord or the tenant by giving the other party 30-days' notice of the eviction. The eviction does not require a reason in order to be lawful.

If you have made a partial payment of rent, the landlord can either start the 30-day move-out timeline from after the time that the rental payment covers or refund the partial rental payment.

I am sorry that I do no have better news for you, but hope it will not affect your rating of my services.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi