Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My aunt purchased a house with a standalone garage. The

Customer Question
previous owner has rented out...
My aunt purchased a house with a standalone garage. The previous owner has rented out one of the garages as storage space to another person. After the purchase of the house, she continued with the deal as an oral agreement with this person. Couple months later she decided to renovate the entire house including the garage. This person agreed and moved most of his stuff out. However, there are still a few items left in the garage. The last time he paid her rent was before May 2017. She has notified this person multiple times to remove the rest of the stuff throughout the year, but he never came. Is it legal for us to throw away his stuff?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
She should give final notice and intent to discard as abandoned. Then can discard, retain or sell.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Can this notice be in a form of a text message? How long should we give as a final notice?
10 days to last known address. Text also. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!