Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am 71 yr hhave 2 kids need a lawyer to file civil case .i…

Customer Question
I am 71 yr...

I am 71 yr hhave 2 kids need a lawyer to file civil case .i reported landlord 10 11 2017 for mold and water leak on 10 16 plummet came said mold couunter have to come ouut. Left did not here from mgmt co.so on 10 25 i call channels 13 and 13 call mgmt co

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Co

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes on 25 hhe sent me a letter because i call channels 13 for a bill of $ 7, 500.for leak and on 11 13 5 day pay or guit. Rent due ever 15 of monthh answe in jucticcoujrt

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had contact nv Real. Estate Divison. I recive a letter saying investigation hhas open and do not delay civil action .huave pictures reciepts today Kitchen is still plastic .no h2o or cabenits

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Colorado law, you have a right to sue him for retaliation in housing because he caused you these problems after reporting him for mold and leaks. It is illegal to do that, and he cannot charge you the way he is doing it. You should sue him, and you can do it in small claims court without a lawyer and you will win.

Here is the link to the forms you need to sue him in small claims court in Colorado:

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Self_Help/smallclaims/

Please click on 4 or 5 stars to rate the answer and close out the question.

A bonus is most appreciated after you rate the answer.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Checking in again to see if you are satisfied with your answer or if there is anything else I can do to help.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer