Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Parking a vehicle in the street

Customer Question
Parking a vehicle in the street
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Ok thank you

What questions may I help you with here, did you get a ticket for this or what,thanks.

I want to know if HOA has the right to restrict parking a vehicle in the street in front of my home, live in Timacuan lake mary Fl.
No ticket just a letter mailed to me unfortunately my dtr has liver ca and is staying with me, so now we have 4 vehicles and one must remain parked in front of my home

Yes they can as the city or county can deem no street parking on those streets. And regardless of local laws, the HOA can restrict where you park on their property. I wish I could tel you otherwise.See if one your neighbors would let you park it in their garage.But the HOA assuming they have HOA rules outlawing it can regulate parking on the streets within the HOA.

I am so sorry to have to tell you this, please don't shoot the messenger.
See if you can work out something with neighbor here to park in their driveway or garage.This might allow you to dodge the rule here.

I do appreciate the chance to help you again sorry I cannot give you better news.

Prayers to your family here I wish you all the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer