Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I would like to pursue litigation against an abusive Home…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to pursue litigation against an abusive Home Owner's Association which has consistently ignored state law in GA. Can you help or refer to a lawyer specializing in such?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I am seeking to litigate against an abusive Home Owner's association which has consistently ignored the laws in the state of Ga. Are you able to handle such a matter or can yu refer me to a firm in GA that specializes in such?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have sent two letters to the management company (Sentry Management) seeking the following items: the names of the Board of Directors; a schedule of board meetings, minutes from the board meetings, a full disclosure of expenditures, the election slate and results of board elections, and have been completely stonewalled by the management company.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/24/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You as an owner are entitled to all of that information under the open records laws applying to these associations. However, we cannot make personal referrals to local attorneys in your local area, we can only suggest the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com