Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

IF FANNIE MAE OWNS MY NOTE AND MORTGAGE CAN WELLS FARGO BANK…

Customer Question
IF FANNIE MAE OWNS...

IF FANNIE MAE OWNS MY NOTE AND MORTGAGE CAN WELLS FARGO BANK FORECLOSE ON MY PROPERTY. ( FANNIE MAE WEBSITE SAYS THEY OWN MY NOTE AND MORTGAGE BUT ITS NOT RECORDED IN PUBLIC RECORDS)

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

I'M IN NEW JERSEY AND WELLS FARGO BANK NA HAVE FILE FOR FORECLOSURE

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

YES BY WELLS FARGO BANK

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

WELLS FARGO BANK NA SOLD THE NOTE AND MORTGAGE TO FANNIE MAE AND WELLS FARGO BANK JUST ASSIGNED THE MORTGAGE AND NOTE TO COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INC.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/23/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
A foreclosure can only be pursued by a creditor with a recorded security interest. Even then it can only collect after all earlier in time secured creditors are paid. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if wells fargo bank na sold there interest in my note and mortgage to fannie mae and didn't record it can I bring that up in a motion to dismiss wells fargo bank case on a lack of standing grounds
Also their paperwork of sale and assignment may be incomplete so I would demand their proof of standing and of the debt.
Happy thanksgiving.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page. Happy holidays!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Awaiting your reply, thank you!