Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What does writ of possession mean? What does writ of

Customer Question
What does writ of...

What does writ of possession mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

What does writ of possession mean Chambers Country

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes,from the justice of peace

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Lost my house because of taxes, trying to buy the house back but they refuse to answer to the bank,said they weren't selling the house, l lived in my home 30 years, we didn't mean not to pay our taxes I was sick and in the hospital 7 times that year

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/23/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

A writ of possession is the legal document that is given to the sheriff to conduct an eviction action where they actually serve the writ on the person occupying a dwelling and then can legally force them to leave and dispose of their personal property on the premises.

.

So if your house was sold and someone has filed an eviction action and gotten a judgment and a writ, then it is very likely that the sheriff will be coming soon to physically force anyone there to leave.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much