Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How do I handle abandoned coop property. New york city. Its…

Customer Question
How do I handle...

How do I handle abandoned coop property

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

New york city

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, its in the estate of the deceased owner

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My mother lives there now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/23/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I would donate it to charity here since it is unclaimed by the estate.You have no duty to store it since it was abandoned.The charity can use the property and there is no claim you profited here.Just keep the receipt , in case anybody asks and I doubt they will.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.