Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Ray, I am filing a Appeal in the Superior Court Appelant…

Customer Question
Ray, I am filing a...
Ray, I am filing a Appeal in the Superior Court Appelant Division due to the decision in my Foreclosure final judgement. (We communicated re: this on 10/25/17.)
The date of the final judgement was 10/25/17 and I have not received a notice of Sheriff’s sale.
Do I need to file a Stay of Motion of a Sheriff’s sale?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/22/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I would go on and ask for a stay of the sheriffs sale.This protects you from a sudden sale and gives you time to seek review through the Appellate Courts.Otherwise here they are likely to eventually move to sell it.Sometimes these things get held up during the holidays but you need a saty here long term to make sure the sheriff doesn't try to sell it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.