Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a contract in Ohio, but our company is based in

Customer Question
I have a contract...

I have a contract in Ohio, but our company is based in Minnesota. Which state legislation do we have to follow in regards ***** ***** contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

So it is a contract that was signed 5 years ago and it has an evergreen clause in it. The person who initially signed is no longer with the company so it wasn't caught in time. A 30 day notice was given, but they are arguing it should have been 60.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/22/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You need to look at the contract.Some not all contracts state what states law applies.If the contract is silent you likely have to sue them where they are located and in that case their state law applies.Likely this will happen in Ohio unless contract states different and Ohio law applies.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best.

Happy Thanksgiving.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.