Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Ray, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
I am going through a divorce. My husband and I share our
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I am going through a divorce. My husband and I share our names on our home property. He wants to keep the house to build equity. I'm unsure whether I should continue to keep my name on the house, spli… read more
I'm getting a divorce, before we started the divorce
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Hi I'm getting a divorce, before we started the divorce proceedings we both agreed on a settlement and I paid her from my parents loan $15,000. At the time of the agreement we had about 50000 in equit… read more
My wife and I are getting a divorce after a very short term
LawTalk, Attorney
My wife and I are getting a divorce after a very short term marriage (less than two years). We have a 4-year-old together. We are both on the deed but I am the only one on the mortgage. My parents are… read more
When I got divorced 10 years ago my lawyer had me sign a
Roger, Litigation Attorney
When I got divorced 10 years ago my lawyer had me sign a quit claim deed on my home which gave ownership to my ex. Unfortunately, my name remained on the mortgage. My ex and his wife are constantly 30… read more
My partner is on deed of trust and deed but not the loan,is
Roger, Litigation Attorney
My partner is on deed of trust and deed but not the loan,is she responsible for payment if I decide not to pay?… read more
My ex-wife has been living in our house for several years since
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
My ex-wife has been living in our house for several years since our divorce. She wants me to remove my name from the deed even though I'm the only one that can qualify for the mortgage loan. what is b… read more
We have a marital settlement agreement from 2008 stating terms
Phillips Esq., Attorney
We have a marital settlement agreement from 2008 stating terms of buy out of house(me and kids reside in) on or before 2012. I give him 1/2 the net equity in a buyout. Currently, there is a negative e… read more
My wife and I are finializing our divorce. We are considering
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
My wife and I are finializing our divorce. We are considering her buy me out of our condo. She believes that the cost of real estate agent should come out of my share of the condo's equity. Is this co… read more
My boyfriend and his wife are getting divorced. Both of their
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My boyfriend and his wife are getting divorced. Both of their names are XXXXX XXXXX house that they owned together. She wont sell the house, and is saying he has no rights to any kind of monies, and h… read more
My wife and I will be divorcing and she will be moving out
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My wife and I will be divorcing and she will be moving out of the home that we both own. I will take the loan but she will remain on the Deed of Trust as a co-owner. I will be the sole occupant of the… read more
Hello, My sister and I own a 2 family house in N.J. the home
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Hello, My sister and I own a 2 family house in N.J. the home which we grew up in. Our parents are deceased and my grandmother owned the house. My grandmother became terminaly ill about 10 years ago an… read more
I paid my ex-wife $10,000 in exchange for signing a quit claim
Barrister, Lawyer
I paid my ex-wife $10,000 in exchange for signing a quit claim deed on our house just prior to our divorce. Does she pay tax on the $10k? Do I simply add the $10K to the basis of the house?… read more
In my divorce decree my ex-wife gets the house. She will sign
LawTalk, Attorney
In my divorce decree my ex-wife gets the house. She will sign a deed of trust stating that she is solely responsible for the mortgage, taxes, HOA, upkeep etc. I will sign a deed of trust stating that … read more
I married a woman who has a quick claim deed to the house her
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I married a woman who has a quick claim deed to the house her ex husband bought and got the mortgage on. His name is XXXXX XXXXX the mortgage. he lives in Vevezuala and has signed over all interest in… read more
Hello, Im in Snohomish County, WA, divorced 12 mo ago, awarded
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
Hello, I'm in Snohomish County, WA, divorced 12 mo ago, awarded a house that's a bit upside down, and my ex-wife needs her potential liability if I were to default, removed from the property. I don't … read more
I own a home jointly with my mother. She is 86 and just went
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I own a home jointly with my mother. She is 86 and just went into the hospital and is now in a nursing home. If she needs continued nursing home care and her income and savings does not cover the cost… read more
My ex-boyfriend and I own a home together. Have it up for Sale
Infolawyer, Lawyer
My ex-boyfriend and I own a home together. Have it up for Sale since May 2007 and have reduced it below market value. I am unable to buy him out and he says he can't afford to buy me out. I don't live… read more
My husband and his ex have been divorced for about ten years.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
My husband and his ex have been divorced for about ten years. He has been out of the house but is still on the mortgage. His ex will not refinance in order to take his name off of it, and it has been … read more