Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Contractor was grossly negligent in installing planters on a…

Customer Question
Contractor was grossly negligent...

Contractor was grossly negligent in installing planters on a condominium patio and not connecting the drains to the building draining system. This resulted in rain water collecting in the structure of the building which ended up causing over .5 million in damage in the condo owner’s unit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

The condo owner’s insurance carrier says that they are only responsible for the water damage, not responsible for the repair of the faulty water proofing that allowed the water to enter the property. Miami Beach

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes...insurance carrier refused to pay for the tearing up of the patio to fix the contractor’s shoddy work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Seems to me that the contractor’s insurance can be attacked by my insurance company since this was all their fault?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It is up to your insurance company as to whether or not they want to pursue the contractor's insurance. If your insurance does not want to pursue them, you can still sue the contractor and their insurance carrier and you can seek your damages. If your insurance company will not pursue them, you would need to get a local attorney to sue the contractor for negligence on your own.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer