Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a condo board override the condo doc? Hollywood fl. They…

Customer Question
Can a condo board...

Can a condo board override the condo doc?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Hollywood fl.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have spent 11,000,00 in an assessment, that was approved, plus our $3,000,000 reserve, now they want to change the voting, from paper ballot, to computer, our doc paper ballot or voting machine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Have you reviewed your associations bylaws? What do they say about amending them?