Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My home is currently going into the Final Judgement of

Customer Question
My home is currently...

My home is currently going into the Final Judgement of Foreclosure. I'm currently attempting to get the funds in arrears from the NJ Hardist Hit Fund which is a program that helps homeowners keep their homes. If I get turned down for that I'm going to claim Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. However, I was told that once it gets to final judgement or sheriff's sale, I'm not going o be able to do anything to save my home. At what point can't I do anything to recover my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

State is NJ and I just got the motion that is being filed to the courts for Final Judgement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just told you it was.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you clarify?

Is the home already foreclosed and the lender is in Court for confirmation of the foreclosure?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Forget it. You guys are not worth the money.