Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our family home is in California but I reside in Nevada.

Customer Question
Our family home is...

Our family home is in California but I reside in Nevada. There is loan modification on the home and my name is ***** ***** the property. Is there a way to remove my name from the property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The property is in California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Is your name alone on the deed? why do you want name off title?

I am not the only one on deed. My family wants to keep the property but I don't.

If bank agrees to take your name off title, you can do so.