Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am in new Hampshire land lord sent me a text that I have…

Customer Question
I am in new...

I am in new Hampshire land lord sent me a text that I have 30 days to get out rent is payed up. Never had problem till now

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New hampshire

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No he just sent a text and left message on my phone I have not talked to him

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
RealEstateAnswer
Good morning. Do you have a lease or rent month to month?
month to month
Thank you for the reply. With a lease in place you do have a month to month tenancy and the landlord could terminate it and ask that you vacate with the proper notice. Even though the rent is paid in full and you are a good tenant the landlord could end the tenancy. If you do not vacate they would then have to evict you

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!