Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have paid off my warranty deed with a vendo's lien to my…

Customer Question
I have paid off...

I have paid off my warranty deed with a vendo's lien to my dad, how do we release the lien?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Only the warranty deed with the vendor's lien, neither one of us knows what to do next since I paid off the loan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If you have paid off the lien, then father would just need to execute a lien release form and then you file it in the local land records office as proof that the debt has been paid and is released.

.

You can purchase a vendor lien release form from a website like USLegalforms.com for a minimal charge and then download it for father to sign and have notarized for filing.

.

https://www.uslegalforms.com/tx/TX-1049.htm

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much