Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Does a Condo Board have the right to get a bank loan in the…

Customer Question
Does a Condo Board have...
Does a Condo Board have the right to get a bank loan in the amount of $183,000 (which is 86% of our annual budget) without a certain percentage of unit owners agreeing?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Whether or not the Board can do such a thing will depend on the bylaws of your HOA. Have you reviewed them yet?

but I do not see the answer to my question.

Have you confronted any Board members about this yet? What was their response?

There must be some written authority somewhere that allows the Board to make expenditures in relation to the management of the units. What was this loan for?