Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a gas well on my property it gets very small checks…

Customer Question
I have a gas...

I have a gas well on my property it gets very small checks less then 20.00 a year they agreed to let me have free gas then after then gas line was hooked up they said I had to hook up at the well which is a distance from my house the line runs close to the house and they said I can't hook up there in the lease they do not say I have to hook up at a certain place help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wva

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. So, the gas is hooked up to your house right now, but not where the gas company wants it, correct? Or is it not hooked up at all yet?

not hooked up

What reason have they given for not wanting you to hook it up closer to your house? Do you have a contractor who can hook it up where you want it, or would the gas company have to do it?