Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My landlord kicked me out and I was unable to get all my…

Customer Question
My landlord kicked me...

My landlord kicked me out and I was unable to get all my stuff and now she won't let me back in without receipts for every item that's mine. I have receipts for most but Some are gifts and others we're family thins I've had years. I was subletting a room , have a signed copy of the lease, roommate died and I had 3 days to eat out. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet on my part. I was supposed to meet this past Saturday at the house to get my stuff but she canceled for the 3rd time and now is demanding receipts. She changed the locks the first day.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not even sure what I should be asking. This has never happened to me. I'm so upset I don't know what to do.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did your landlord go through a formal eviction in court to get a judgment against you and a writ that the sheriff served to force you to leave?

.

.

thanks