Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Renting since Oct.1st, 2017. Stamford, CT. I want my

Customer Question
Renting since Oct.1st, 2017 ...

Renting since Oct.1st, 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Stamford, CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No,I want my landlord to provide my rental agreement I signed on 9/28/2017. rent from Oct. 1 2017 and gave him a verbal notice that I will be moving to Fairfield, CT. He is a bit upset since I hired another broker to find me a home to rent. Landlord is also a realtor. Landlord agreed to rent to me on a month to month.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just minor issues that was brought to the landlords attention...needed light bulbs (replace burnt out lights), check smoke alarm to see if in working order, vent dryer vent properly instead of having the lint vent into walls of house. All I want is a copy of my rental agreement that I signed on 9-28-17. Landlord cashed my first months rent before Oct. 1st .

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

paying a monthly fee is not exceptable for me. Please delete request. thank you.

Hi, I'm sorry if there's any confusion. The system asks questions about phone calls and subscriptions automatically. If you want, you don't have to pay any more than the $36 that's been charged. Would you like to continue just in writing about your issue?

No

Understood. thanks again and come back any time soon!

Tina, Lawyer