Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Responsibilities when Roof leaks cause damage to interior of…

Customer Question
Responsibilities when Roof leaks...

Responsibilities when Roof leaks cause damage to interior of condominium?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Florida (Jupiter)

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Interior repair costs estimates at $1050.00

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Lawyer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

This is going to be the responsibility of the HOA. Basically, as a condo owner, you own everything inward from your interior walls, floors and ceilings. The roof is a common element. Common elements, unless your condo governing documents...CC&R's and Bylaws...specifically provide otherwise, are the responsibility of the association. So, this problem is a common element problem and thus it is the responsibility of the association to fix the problem and all damages caused by the problem.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Lawyer