Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am considering buying a cheap mobile home in an expensive…

Customer Question
I am considering buying...

I am considering buying a cheap mobile home in an expensive "village" type mobile home park in Florida. If I change my mind and abandon the mobile home, with prior notice, can I continue to be held liable for the lot rental? Indefinitely?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida, Polk county.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

None. No decisions made yet.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Yes, kind of... If you purchase the mobile home then assuming the landlord agrees to rent to you, you would be under a lease contract for whatever term you agreed to.

.

If you abandoned the home and the lease the landlord could evict and then declare the mobile home abandoned and then dispose of it.

.

They could then sue you for any delinquent rent and disposal costs if they could locate you.

.

.

thanks