Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

As a Licensed contractor in kalamazoo michigan do i need to…

Customer Question
As a Licensed contractor in...
As a Licensed contractor in kalamazoo michigan do i need to file a permit to remove and replace the roof of a residential home?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Yes, you do, and there is the application that you would complete and file:

https://www.kalamazoocity.org/docman/forms/building-construction/169-application-for-building-permit/file

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

How long do they take to file and are there any fees
Am I the one who would pull this permit typically? Can the homeowner do this instead?If I am the one to file the permit who documents do I need from the homeowner? Do I need blueprints of their home?