Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In SC, what type of fence is required around a retention…

Customer Question
In SC, what type...

In SC, what type of fence is required around a retention pond ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/18/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Seattle Scott, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Seattle Scott

What county? And is the property located within a town?

SC does not have any state laws on fencing ponds, it is handled at the county and city level.

It is located in Anderson County, but not in an incorporated town or city.

Ok let me check

I don't see any requirements for fencing in the Anderson County design specification for retention ponds. On the attachment, go to section WQ-2 Wet Detention Basins, its around page 40, and there is no mention of a fence requirement.

https://www.andersoncountysc.org/Portals/0/Departments/Stormwater/Documents/Appendix%20K%20(Sept2016)/K%20-%20Standard%20Specifications.pdf?ver=2016-09-29-135838-437