Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Looking for a technicality or way to get out of a purchase…

Customer Question
Looking for a technicality...

Looking for a technicality or way to get out of a purchase agreement for various reasons. My question is contract reads due to inspection, financing, or appraisal contract can be cancelled. A closing date was established. Due to financing we couldn't close on that date. An addendum was not written to change closing date. Is this justification in itself to cancel a contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Valparaiso

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes I'm on notice to close (by sellers attorney) of pay remedies

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like I said there are reasons besides the technicality

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/18/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Have you actually been approved for financing, they just couldn't get it done in time for closing?

.

Or were you denied?

.

Do you still have the financing contingency in place or did you waive it?

.

And the financing problem was on your end, correct?

.

Have you put down any earnest money deposit?

.

What are your other reasons for wanting to back out?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer