Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We are new at this and got out under the gun to make a

decision . The buyer was...
We are new at this and got out under the gun to make a decision . The buyer was very pushy and wanted us to sign a contract on the spot . My wife signed a generic contract that was not reviewed by either party or from an attorney . We let him know within 48 hours we did not want to sell the some property .
The party that signed the contract (my wife) was not listed in the Llc that it’s owned under. She did not know that at the time she signed it . They are trying to sue me to get the still sell the property to them . (I own the property and the LLC) What ramifications do they really have ? The earnest money the buyer put down was also not made out to the LLC.
11/18/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
There is no contract. First she lacked authority to sign. Second the contract is a non event where deposit not paid. The intent not to proceed communicated in writing to buyer is sufficient. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Wow , i just paid $2500 to my attorney for a letter ! Hopefully he doesn’t drag this out and cost me a ton of money ! Thank you so much !!!
Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you! Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
can you call me ?
I am not set up for a call. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Ok I will leave you a 5 star reviewDo i get the $59 phone call money back ?
You only pay when you rate
I’m sorry where do i rate you at ?
On your screen you should have a rating option.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Thanks again . Hopefully this doesn’t end up getting dragged out in court .
I hope so too. Have a nice weekend.
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started