Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm looking to draft an easement. on the property line

Customer Question
I'm looking to draft...

I'm looking to draft an easement. on the property line between my neighbor and is about 24" of Electric/Cable/Phone wires. She has a fence on her property. If we erect one on ours there will be this 24" useless property. We want to replace her fence with a new fence and make sure the next owner of her property doesn't remove it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/17/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 5 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

I'm looking where i can get this drafted

Your best option is a local lawyer that does real estate work. Deed work is still some of the least expensive legal work that can be done and when you are trying to draft a completely new conveyance, as opposed to just copying a deed that has been copied repeatedly before, it takes some legal knowledge.

To find a lawyer in your area that can do that you can go to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter "Real Estate".

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney