Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our condo board decided to refurbish the elevator (time

Customer Question
Second opinion] Our condo...

Second opinion] Our condo board decided to refurbish the elevator (time estimate - approx. 6-7 days). Work commenced yesterday, the crew found "extensive" termite damage and work stopped. Am waiting to learn whether it will be a repair or a full replacement. If the time frame will be a longer period can I be reimbursed by the board for a hotel stay? I was prepared for the 6-7 day period, but am I expected to endure a much longer time with this problem? I am 74 yrs. old, live on the 4th floor and use a walker fulltime. I can do the stairs in an emergency only...certainly not to come and go. Do I have any recourse? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure what you mean... filed by the Board or by me??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/18/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

.