Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in an assisted living community. Since I moved in…

Customer Question
I live in an...

I live in an assisted living community. Since I moved in (August 2014), they have been billing me $600 a month extra, for "enhanced services." I am not sure exactly what that $600 includes, however I do know that two of the services include having an aid assist with my showers (12 per month) and for managing my medications. I do not want them to manage my meds or assist me with showers, but they refuse, giving all kinds of bogus explanations. At this point, I am seeking legal counsel, but I am not sure where to look or what kind of lawyer to look for.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Denver, CO

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, we don't know what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Although I am physically disabled, I have power of attorney over myself.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Colorado law, you have the power to refuse such personal services such as shower assistance and help with your medications. I suggest you give formal written notice to the asssted living cernter that you do not wish to receive such services and you wish to be loeft alone. They will have to give you a rebate and not charge you for those services.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Correction, They have been billing me for $600 a month for what they are calling enhanced services, however I have no idea what the $600 enhanced services are for. I have requested once verbally and once in writing for an itemized breakdown of these charges during the past two weeks and haven't received any response.
My partner wrote the first request for your assistance without reading what he had written to you. Sorry for the inconvenience
Without reading it back to me, that is

Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 8 months ago