Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Doing some research on a Florida specific property. I found…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. Doing...

Hi Pearl. Doing some research on a Florida specific property. I found a good deal on a property, bought it in the name of an S Corp, performed cosmetic rehab (flooring, cabinets, replace plumbing and lighting fixtures, paint). Now being harrassed about a permit. Also, not a licensed contractor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is an apparent water leak on a bath tub in the property. Don't know the cause. Property was sold with an As-Is contract.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Even when property is purchased "as is" all contracts generally state that all applicable code requirements have been met. What does your contract state?

Can you attach your contract so I may assist you? Are you online with me?