Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In the case that sale of property is handled by executor…

Customer Question
In the case that...

In the case that sale of property is handled by executor named in a wil, executor lives in another state.....how much on the ground is needed or can processing be handled without executor being in state of ca.?

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

Does executor need to be available in person according to law in Ca?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No....will has been drawn up and before it is finalized i need info regarding who is named as executor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That should cover it. thx

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

In California there is no requirement that the Executor be present in the State.

"California Restrictions on Out-of-State Executors

Unlike many other states, California does not impose special requirements on executors who live out of state." https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/california-restrictions-who-can-serve-executor.html

You are correct an Executor's deed can be used for the sale of real property and all documents for closing can be handled by the escrow agency.

This is a link for county specific deed and instructions https://www.deeds.com/forms/california/personal-representative-deed/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It will be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Are you able to see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars? Thank you for your consideration.