Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am having an issue finding a lawyer who knows mobile home…

Customer Question
Hi. My name is...

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am having an issue finding a lawyer who knows mobile home laws . I own a mobile home with my ex I do have a bill of sale with my name on it .My problem is my ex thinks it is all his . I would like to know what I can do to have my problem of ownership and can I have my ex buy me out or to sell the mobile home..as of now I can not talk to my ex .He has put a no trespassing order on me . He has been trying to sell the wood on the outside of the home .It is barn board and worth a bit of money .please I really need to get this straighting this out .as of now my self and my service dogs are home!ess . Hank you for any help you can give me .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just how I can get my have of the mobile home .

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If both names on title presumption is equal 50-50 ownership. It can be sold and proceeds divided or more typically one buys the other out. If needed a lawyer can get involved. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks. Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer