Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In my HOA the owner and his family are the only members of…

Customer Question
Hi in my HOA...

Hi in my HOA the owner and his family are the only members of the HOA. we are not allowed to have meetings. Also they raised the HOA up $50 this year. there are over 1,500 houses with all of us paying 350 now $525,000 with only a budget they sent out of $280,000 there is no office to go to but we pay and rent $12,000 NIPSCO $5,000 phone $1,000 and admin fee $36,000 out of the $280,000.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

IN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Saint John IN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We just want to know if there is anything we can do to take over the HOA away from his family.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

That does not sound good, you are right. We start with the CC&Rs. Can you give me a copy to look at?

I can not. I do not know where to get those from
All we got was an invoice they put in with the new Master Covenants and how to submit improvements for ARC which he is in charge of to.
are you there?