Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I want to escrow my own taxes and was told no. Also, lender…

Customer Question
I want to escrow...

I want to escrow my own taxes and was told no. Also, lender is going to transfer my loan immediately and I fear there terms won't agree with my plans.No I have not been told who they will sell it to. Closing is next Momday, seller is having his closing Thursday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Cypress, tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not sure

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I over 65 and will take that exemption plus homestead. the homeloan amount is 204k with 4.490% estimated payment today is $1,801.with taxes insurance 665. monthly. Numbers keep changing.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if the lender can legally require you, as part of the loan agreement, to escrow (impound) taxes as part of the payment?

Tina, Lawyer