Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We were attempting to buy our rental property and got

Customer Question
We were attempting to...

We were attempting to buy our rental property and got approved for a loan, but the lender did not want to deal with lease land so, it got turned down!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Before we new we got turned down it was rent due, the owner said she would just take it out of our security deposit and we agreed and during this time we still had the lender questioning the lease land people, so it all looked good! WE were told we wouldn't have a mortgage until Dec. 1 , so we thought we did not have to pay anything until then we used our rent for fixing up the house! Gutters, replace boards on the deck, chimney sweep, bug lady, yard clean up etc. Now she wanted the receipts and we would pay the difference for rent sounds good right? Now she won't accept the receipts for workers who were not licensed, and we have to pay, and she saying I don't want your dogs there you have to find a new home for them! Its getting ugly what are our rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Other than attempting to buy it no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes if the owner fired the property manager back in June 2017 do we still have the same contract and this is in WA state.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Was there any written agreement regarding the sale, the rental payments, the improvements, etc.

Tina, Lawyer