Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a son that's turning 18 in Jan. we want to evict him.

Customer Question
I have a son...

I have a son that's turning 18 in Jan. we want to evict him. what is the process of doing this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Richmond TX

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No not yet

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 10 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

Basically the "landlord" must provide a notice to vacate either in person or via mail; samples can be found online.

If the tenant does not voluntarily vacate, the landlord must file a forcible entry and detainer with the justice of the peace court. The sheriff will serve the tenant notice of the hearing which usually occurs in 6-10 days. If the court orders eviction and the tenant does not vacate in 5 days, the court will issue a writ of possession which allows the sheriff to forcibly remove the tenant and belongings.

This explains the process in detail.

Also please see:

https://www.taylorcountytexas.org/DocumentCenter/View/88

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: