Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I made payment arrangements in court and my landlord is

Customer Question
I made payment arrangements...

I made payment arrangements in court and my landlord is still filing a writ

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Sc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes I got the writ this morning and I paid him what he asked before the due date and now he is asking for November too, but that's not in the agreement from the judge

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
I still don't have an answer
11/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry you are in this predicament.Given the facts provided, if the writ was unlawfully obtained then a motion with the Court to dissolve the writ should be filed and served. The motion would set out the payments of the court ordered settlement, include a copy of the settlement and proof of payment as exhibits to your motion.As always, consulting a local attorney is recommended in any event to protect your rights and interests.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.Rating me costs you nothing. Thank you.