Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a property that I will be taking a loan out to buy

Customer Question
that i currently live in...
I have a property that I will be taking a loan out to buy that i currently live in with my sponse , but I won't to get a divorce The property belong to my mother, who is now deceased. How do i protect the property from getting mix up in the divorce. I have not started the loan process on the home or the divorce paper work.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No, not yet. Should l start the divorce first ?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?
Customer: California
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this time.
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 28 days ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Your spouse should not be placed on title or involved directly in the loan. In doing so you can proceed as it’s not a marital asset it is protected!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Can he live in the property ?
That is permitted and won’t impact rights. Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer