Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Need to transfer house from mother to son. U can call me…

Customer Question
Need to transfer house...

Need to transfer house from mother to son

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

U can call me at(###) ###-####***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will talk about then

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Lawyer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good evening. This is a pretty simple process. Mother would do this by signing a Quit Claim Deed transferring ownership to her son. Mom would sign this Deed, have it witnessed and notarized, and then record it in the real property records of the city/county where the property is located. That's it! Let me know if you need a form for the Quit Claim Deed.

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you! Richard