Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Ray. i filed bankruptcy here in will county illinios over 5…

Customer Question
Hello ray. i filed bankruptcy here...
Hello ray.
i filed bankruptcy here in will county illinios over 5 years ago and never reaffirmed my home . we continued to pay the mortgage up until year ago .
we still seam to be upside down on this loan after a couple modifications .
Our lender has offered us a cash for keys deal and 3 months free rent .
they want us to send them the paperwork needed asap as Fanny may has indeed filed a foreclosure in court with an estimated date of April 2018.with that said what can i do as to not be moving out in 3 months in the middle of winter here in illinios . They need to purchase a junior loan from a debt collector and just have me sign some papers . ....i assume it may take longer than april 2018 as we have not been given any paperwork as of yet . ..,i dont want to rely a court going slow and then find out we actually need to leave in april .
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
what i am asking is there a way i can ask the motgage holder to wait until may or june instead of waiting 3 months from now which would have me moving in the middle of winter .?? Thanks
11/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Hi, I just noticed that you had posted this for ray. With that said, allow me to opt out of this discussion so he has a chance to answer. Thank you.

i dont have to wait for ray , i will except antones answere at this point please . ...
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

I am a different Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. The winters can brutal in the suburbs of Chicago. You can negotiate this with the lender in your cash for keys agreement. Did you sign a cash for keys agreement?