Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My dad owned a modular home. My son and have lived here with…

Customer Question
Please my dad owned...

Please my dad owned a modular home. My son and have lived here with him for 4 years as his care takers. He recently passed away in august. This is an over 55 community. Im only 45. Ive been paying the land rent. My son is disabled as well. Hes 22. We live in massachusetts. The mobile home park was sold back in october to new owners. Can these ppl throw us out of the house?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Im very upset the office manager calls and harrasses me every week sometimes 2xs or 3xs a week. I can't have company over. The office manager is also a real estate agent and already has someone who will purchase the trailor as is. I feel like their trying to bully intimidate and harrass me into moving.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes my dad had a will

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello
11/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Even though it is a 55+ community, they can have up to 20% of the owners/residents under 55. You need to review the covenants regarding living in the property, since it is inherited property, but yes, if it restricts residents under 55, they can force you and your disabled son to leave the property or move the modular home off the property.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.