Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Does Hud require additional tie downs for mobile homes in…

Customer Question
Does Hud require additional...

Does Hud require additional tie downs for mobile homes in Lyon county?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in Nevada, Lyon County.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

We were in the process of getting a refinance, and they said we needed to have an engineer check out our foundation. We already have an 8 point foundation comversion years ago. The engineer wants us to have 14 tie downs in addition to the 8 point.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. We backed out on the deal.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 5 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

The answer is no. HUD has no such requirements. However, if you have a refinancing negotiation in place, the mortgage lender may wish to feel secure in their agreement. The mortgage lender can then demand extra requirements that are not mandatory under the law, which is what it seems to be happening.

So under state and federal law this is not a requirement, but the lender can make it a requirement to agree to refinance.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law