Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I STAY IN PUBLIC HOUSING AND HARASS BY THE LANDLORD OFF OF…

Customer Question
I STAY IN PUBLIC...

I STAY IN PUBLIC HOUSING AND IM BEING HARASS BY THE LANDLORD OFF OF HEAR SAY. CAN THEY EVICT ME OFF OF THAT? BECAUSE WHERE I LIVE THE LANDLORD DOES THAT.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

ALABAMA

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

NO NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THEY HAVE NO FACTS ON ANYTHING. THEY JUST KEEP CALLING ME TO THE OFFICE SAYING WHAT> SOMEONE HAS SAID

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

What are the alleged violations?

Can I file a complaint against housing for harassment? They evict people off of hear say over there. I have only been living there for only a year and never had a problem until now. There is this one family whom it is 5 generations living there now and they think that they own them. They lie on people just because they don't like someone. The Landlord lets it happen. The Family have been living there so long that the landlord will let one of them in the family live in 3&4 bedrooms by themselves.

Thank you for the reply. In order to evict, they need a legal basis and evidence to support it. Prior to proceeding, they should provide you with a notice to cure whatever the issue is and if they want to proceed, gather and use evidence in court, so you can contest this. If they do appear in court, they would need to have evidence as to what the violation is, so the Judge can see there is a basis for this and people are not simply trying to retaliate against you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Tina, Lawyer