Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

A real estate contract states that if financing can not be

obtained within the stated time...
A real estate contract states that if financing can not be obtained within the stated time frame, the contract is null and void. If financing can be obtained at a future date, can this contact be reinstated? If so, how?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: A contract has been signed by the Buyer & Seller. the problem is the financing fell through after the loan approval deadline.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, it really looks like standard contract law to me.
11/14/2017
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Financing is an essential part of a real estate contract. Almost all real estate contracts contain a condition that fiancing must be obtained by a specified date. If not the contact is voided (as yours states).

BUT the parties can agree to extend the time by entering into an Amendment. So if it looks like the fiancing will come through and the seller is willing to wait an extension is routinely done.

Even if an extension is not done the deal can still be save. While the contract can not be reinstated, if both parties are willing a new contract can be entered into.

In either case (extension or new contract) a new written document must be prepared to record the parties agreement.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald-Esquire
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** answers my question. have a great day!

Thank you!

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer