Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a question about keys allowed. Newport nj. What kind.

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about keys allowed

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Newport nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

What kind

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I love in Newport and I’d like to know the tenants rights to access to apartment. Landlord changed the cylinder and is not allowing the extra key even though they announce it would have been a charge

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 5 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Can you please clarify the situation? Are you saying the landlord locked the tenant out by changing the locks? And if so, WHY?

Tina, Lawyer