Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have been occupying a room in a mobile home for a little…

Customer Question
I have been occupying...

I have been occupying a room in a mobile home for a little over two weeks now. The first weekend the landlady accused me of not paying enough attention to her dogs and told me she wanted me to move out. After two days she effectively apologized and told me she would like me to stay. After another four days, she texted me on my phone while I was at work with pictures of a plugin air freshener I had in the room and the toilet with a slight ring of mold. She complained that I had not cleaned my room or the toilet for two weeks; she wanted to wash my sheets and I had not given them to her. The fact that we had a conversation about her dryer not working and I would give her the sheets on Sunday (this was Saturday) was either not remembered or ignored. She told me by text that I had two weeks to move out or she would have the sheriff serve me. First question, did she have the right to enter my room at 5:15am while I was working?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not that I am aware of.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have paid rent for the entire month of November. Am I entitled to any of that back when I move out within her two week notice?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Do you have a lease with her or do you rent month to month?

Tina, Lawyer